RentSmart Educator (Train the Trainer) builds the capacity within community partners to deliver the RentSmart model and courses themselves in-house. All RentSmart model courses must be delivered by trained and certified educators.
RentSmart Educator (Train the Trainer) is a four day professional development course that covers:
- Best practices in housing stability and homelessness prevention
- Adult education and facilitation best practices
- Prevention of homelessness and increasing housing stability
- Curriculum for RentSmart Certificate and RentSmart Basics
- Engaging landlords
- Measuring impact
- Conditions for successful delivery of RentSmart model
The training is highly interactive and quickly gets participants teaching the RentSmart model courses. By the end of the workshop, trainees will be ready to organize and deliver the RentSmart model as a Community Educator. For a detailed overview of the RentSmart Educator (Train the Trainer) and Community Partnership, click here.
Community Partners and Educators receive the following benefits:
- License to deliver a program proven to help youth, individuals and families achieve housing stability
- Regularly updated curriculum focused on building the knowledge, skills and confidence to help people find and keep their housing
- Connection to a growing network of community partners
- Bi-monthly Community Educator newsletters and webinars
- Staff support to organize and host your first RentSmart course
- Regularly updated data that can be shared with funders and community
- Part of a growing movement for the prevention of homelessness
For more information and pricing call Ready to Rent at 250-388-7171
Click to us about RentSmart Educator (Train the Trainer)
Sign up here for the RentSmart Educator (Train the Trainer)
Waitlists are being taken for all sold out events.
To join a waitlist please click the sold out button and you will be taken to a waitlist form.
What RentSmart Educators are Saying
This comprehensive education is enlightening to most; it empowers them and gives them inner strength. Sometimes it feels as if I have handed the participants a ray of hope in their challenge to overcome often insurmountable obstacles to securing affordable and appropriate housing.
One group participant, who has been couch surfing for several months, has managed to secure market housing before the course has even come to a close. [The landlord] indicated that she had made a great impression and that he really wanted her as a tenant knowing that she was enrolled in the RentSmart course.